Support & Donate
There are lots of ways you can support the work of Hope4.
Whatever you choose to do, you’ll be making a real difference, helping people when they need it most. For that, from everyone at Hope4 and the countless clients we work with, thank you.
Make a one off donation, with Gift Aid, easily via Virgin Money Giving – click here to go through to the giving page.
You can also set up a standing order by contacting our Treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a UK tax payer then be sure to complete this Gift Aid form too as your giving will be worth even more to us courtesy of the government.
Donating goods to Hope4 is another way you can help people affected by homelessness.
What items do we accept?
- Clean clothes – particularly, but not exclusively men’s clothes – jeans, joggers, coats, jumpers, tops etc. (small/medium sizes)
- New pants/boxers and socks
- Shoes and boots
- Tents, rucksacks and sleeping bags
- Full, sealed packets/tinned non perishable food within their sell by date
- Sealed toiletries including sanitary products
For more details, or to see if we would be interested in an item, please email email@example.com or call (01788) 572456.
What items do we not accept?
- Duvets and pillows
- Electrical items
- Out of date food or food prepared in another kitchen – sorry but we have to follow food hygiene regulations
How can I donate these items?
Thank you for considering donating goods. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to collect items.
If you have any items that we can accept from the list above, please contact our administrator on (01788) 572456 (answer phone checked daily) or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to advise if we can accept the donation, plus how and when to drop it off.
Please do NOT just leave donations by the front door. Please remember that the final decision on accepting any gifts will be made by the Centre Manager or staff.
Gifts from companies
If you are a company, please contact the Hope Centre Manager (email@example.com) to talk about donating goods.
If we’re unable to accept your donation
You may wish to contact the following community projects to donate your unwanted goods:
- The Chapel, Newbold, Rugby – (07764) 758474
- Daventry Contact, Unit 1,2 S March, Daventry – (01327) 310711
- Rugby Baseboards Trust, 36 Warren Road, Rugby – (01788) 547358
- Trussell Trust Coventry – (02476) 993770
- Homeless Link (enter your postcode and check the nearest services in your area)
- Furniture Re-Use Network – (0845) 6028003 they link you to a nearby service in need)
- Emmaus (able to collect)
- British Heart Foundation – (0808) 2500030 able to collect
Volunteering is much more than just giving your time. By volunteering you will meet new people, gain new skills and at the same time help your community. We have several volunteering opportunities including:
- Kitchen team – preparing and serving food for our clients*
- Collect, sort and distribute food for the Foodbank
- Volunteer at one of the seven Winter Shelter venues across Rugby (Dec – March inc.)**
- Fundraising – organise events, support bid writing
- Hope 4 Ambassador – promoting our work
- Building maintenance – help to keep our Day Centre in good condition
- IT Network and Social Media – Helping maintain our ICT infrastructure, social media and website
*Currently no vacancies due to Cover-19 restrictions. **Currently not in operation due to Covid-19 restrictions.
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities and want to find out more, then please click here.
Choose 6 Numbers | Win 25K | Support Local Causes
By playing the Rugby Lotto, you can help raise funds for Hope4 as well as win prizes for yourself.
How it works:
- Choose your 6 numbers
- Win up to £25,000
- A ticket costs £1 per week
- Every ticket has a 1 in 50 chance of winning a prize
- Support local causes with 50% of your ticket price going to Hope4 and a further 10% to other good local causes .
You can buy tickets to play using this link: Play Rugby Lotto
Are you an on-line shopper? Do you shop on Amazon? Click here to see our Hope4 Wish List. We refresh the list regularly depending on the changing needs of our clients and stock levels. Please do check back from time to time to see what’s on our list. Your support is so important to our clients and the team.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for Hope4 with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including Amazon Smile, eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Click here and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to Hope4 at no extra cost to you whatsoever! There are no catches or hidden charges and Hope4 will be really grateful for your donations.
Giving in memory of your loved one or friend is such a special way to celebrate their life.
Choosing to collect donations in lieu of flowers at your loved one’s funeral, memorial event or life service can be a special way to give hope and a fresh start to somebody experiencing the hardship of homelessness.
A Hope fund can be a lovely, long-lasting tribute to your loved one. By setting up a Hope fund, your family and friends can come together to donate online, post pictures and memories. It also gives those who cannot attend the funeral a chance to donate, and share memories. You could ask the undertaker to arrange for donations made at the service and via their office to be forwarded to Hope4.
Other ways you can fundraise in memory
There are many other ways you can support Hope4’s work, while celebrating the life of your loved one:
- Host a fundraising event, such as a dinner celebrating the food they loved, or a sponsored walk in their favourite area.*
- Challenge yourself by signing up to a sporting event*, or getting sponsored to try something new.
- Sign up to give regularly to Hope4000, or make a special donation to mark an occasion.
- Volunteer your time and expertise at one of our services.
- Make a change for generations to come by leaving a gift to us in your will.
- *In these difficult times when we can’t gather to celebrate a loved ones life why not hold a zoom dinner party – cook their favourite food, drink their favourite tipple, play their favourite tunes and donate in memory via a page you set up in memory
Leaving a gift in your will is a touching way to help homeless people rebuild their lives.
How can I leave a gift in my will?
Whether it is a percentage of your estate, a fixed sum of money or a special item, we are extremely grateful for each and every gift, large or small. When you’re ready to make or update your will, the essential information you will need is our address and registered charity number:
The Hope Centre,
8 Newbold Road,
Registered charity number: 1126487